Sunday, April 18, 2010

Stop the Comparing, Stop the Complaining

"There is no such thing as a useless blog post. No matter how short, ineexpress mo ung ideas mo eh. Eh kung hindi mo siya nilalabas, magbibuild up lang siya."


Regal reminded me via his blog post that I said that in Elora's blog. I've been kind of hypocritical without even realizing it. A little while ago [for the past week?], I've been a bit envious with others' work [Pao and Pao]. I should quote myself to myself regularly. It's not about how captivating your blogs are. It's the content that matters. :)) In this case that is. We're here to share our view, our thoughts, and our experiences. We're not here to compete on how many followers we get [Because in that case, then how you present your ideas matters more].

My point is, the worst thing you could do is to compare yourself with other people. This means two things, you'll see people who you think are worse than you, AND people who you think are better than you. You become vain and envious, which could lead to depression, or something. If you stop comparing yourself with other people, you become more confident about yourself. The more you become confident about yourself, the bigger the success you would achieve. :)

On a side note, Nuggets win 126-113! They're one step closer to winning the championship. \:D/

2 comments:

  1. -WOOT! Bracket matches are soo exciting... screw the basketball, I'm here for the brackets. LOL.

    -Its the content that matters... ouch... random content nung akin... that hurts...

    -I remember that quote... kinda sorta nope...

    -Yah know parang si raijin sa ff8

    -COMPARISON parang si fuujin sa ff8

    -anyways, yah know comparison isnt all bad... there is such a thing as healthy comparison... or creative comparison... you know parang "hmmm masmaganda yung sa kanya, anu yung flaw nung akin, I must improve" nothing destructive kaya nga tinawag constructive comparison, you compare because you... care... dehdeh you compare in order to become a better person not to become number 1!

    -too bad destructive comparison lagi kong ginagawa.... practice what you preach....

    random thought: Why is there a worm at the bottom of a tequila?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about healthy/creative/constructive comparison but here's what I think.

    When you compare, you say something like "He's all blah and I'm like blah. I suck." But you shouldn't be like that. You say, "He's good at this. What can I learn from him?"

    When you see a flaw on what you do, you don't compare yourself, but you compare what you did with what others did. For example, you painted a picture, but this other guy's picture got more attention. Then you compare your works. Technically, you're not comparing yourself. :P

    ReplyDelete