Friday, February 12, 2010

Lalaki Sa Dilim


I've just finished reading this novel by Benjamin P. Pascual. It was a requirement in school. Again, it has a very interesting story. It also shows various issues in the contemporary era - alcoholism, sex, rape, poverty, etc.

I like how Pascual presented the story. There was a sense of mystery everywhere, but despite the mystery and the feeling that there is something unknown, the narration was frank at times, reiterating the important details that were mentioned earlier in the story.

There was something in the characters that makes them seem alive. You'll really feel for Rafael, or get frustrated because of some of the other characters. I loved Ligaya. I fell in love with her the very first scene she was introduced. :))

It's an amazing novel and this might have been the best Filipino novel I've ever read. Yes, much better than Para Kay B. I read that book for a shorter period of time though, since I wasn't as busy at that time.

Final grade? I don't think I'll be giving any more of those. I don't think I'm credible enough to rate these books since I've actually just started reading leisurely. I'll just say if it sucks or not. :)) [In this case, it didn't suck. It kicked ass. B-)]

I wish all Filipino novels were this awesome :))

No comments:

Post a Comment