Monday, February 1, 2010

Bonding with my Dad

I wasn't really home most of the time yesterday, and that's why I wasn't able to really blog on the last day of January :| But it was a fun day though. Well, sort of.

Most of the day I was with my dad. We went to celebrate the 10AM mass in our parish and went on dropping off my brother to his workplace in Greenhills. After that, my dad and I ate lunch at Alex III. Well, this was really unexpected since we don't eat in restaurants as often as before. And my dad would actually avoid this restaurant when the family is complete [Because of the price, I guess. Not even in Teriyaki Boy. @-)] That's why I was really surprised when he parked the car. I thought he was just kidding...

After lunch, we went back home to get some rest. We left at around 3:40PM to go to Antipolo. We were invited to dinner with the super rich! Again, it was only my dad and I. I brought two books with me [Dekada '70 and Hamlet] just in case I get too bored. Besides, I'm the only kid who came. All of the people there were my dad's friends. Miraculously though, I didn't see the need to even open the books. They were actually fun to be with [three of them were tennis fans, so they constanly went back and forth from the room with the TV to watch Federer as he beat Murray for his 16th Grand Slam title [halimaw si Federer @-)] and back to the table =))] Although I'd appreciate more interaction. ._. I can't blame them though, the generation gap is just too much. :)) They should've brought with them their children too. [Malay ko kung may makilala akong super rich na ka-age ko diba. :))]

The meals were amazing, starting with croquettes and Mimosa cocktails. The main course arrived around an hour later. Two kinds of salads, fish curry, chicken something [:))] and grilled longganisa [yum!]. I really don't eat longganisa but for some reason, I got addicted to the ones served there @-) The best part was the dessert of course. Chocolate Lava Cake @-) Probably the best lava cake I've had. :))

[Napahaba ang blog post kong ito ah. Kung nagbabasa ka pa, congrats. Achievement unlocked ka na sa XBOX360 mo. Pwede ka na magparty. Akalain mo ang haba ng pasensya mo. Parang nobela na to eh. @-)]

We left at aroung 10:15PM, which explains why I wasn't able to go online that night. But it's okay. It's rare for us father and son to bond with each other. The last time we bonded together was... well... I don't remember anymore!

Anyway, that's about it. Now, enjoy the rest of the night. :)) Sorry, no pics. I don't take pictures. :))

2 comments: