Saturday, August 7, 2010

Procrastination

CRAMMING IS BAD.

My PE teacher gave an assignment that required pictures to be taken, to be printed, and to be pasted on a notebook. It was due a week later - a Friday. I did what a typical high schooler would do - I crammed.

It was Thursday and I arrived at home quite late. I realized that I hadn't done my PE assignment yet, so I got a random camera and turned it on, but the batter was really really low, so I charged it first. After a while, I turned the camera again and asked someone to take pictures of me doing some stretching routines (which is the requirement for the assignment). I uploaded the images to the computer and laid it out on a Word document.

As I printed the document, lo and behold, I had no colored ink. So I asked around on Y!M if anyone is kind enough to print me a two-page colored document. I asked and asked and asked, and finally found someone who would print my homework. Luckily, he's free in the morning and is kind enough to wake up extra early just to give me the paper. (FYI, he's from Ateneo) It was around 12mn when I finally got to sleep.

The next day, we met in Jollibee at 8:30AM (Apparently, he had breakfast in Jollibee). The only thing to do now is to cut the pictures and paste them on my journal. I went to my 8:30AM class and wasted time until around 11:00AM. Suddenly, I realized I didn't have scissors and glue. So I went to the shopping center, just to find the bookstore CLOSED.

I didn't want to panic, so I ate at Rodic's first - a very very stupid move. That made me pay P70 for a meal. (Lutong Bahay is much cheaper. P40.00) Because of that, I didn't have any money except for a few change. With the bookstore closed, I took a jeep to Katipunan.

I got off in front of BDO so I could withdraw some cash, which I desperately needed. Since there was heavy traffic, I walked all the way to National Bookstore instead of taking another jeep or riding a tricycle, not minding the slight pain I might feel in my left ankle (which I did after a while).

I arrived at NBS and got the things I needed. It was 12:20PM. My class was at 1PM. I left the store and went to the nearby Jollibee (the same Jollibee I went to in the morning) to do my homework in around twenty minutes. I finally finished and rode a jeep back to UP, and another jeep to the gym. Luckily for me, I arrived just in time.

Lesson learned: Don't ever cram. Or at least, if you're gonna cram, make sure you have all the necessary materials to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment